Powered by Blogger.

Blog Hop Awesomeness

Photobucket

Saturday, November 3, 2012

French WHAAA???

Remember the day I got blasted with the inquiry of how a baby gets out of a tummy?  Yeah. That was a cake walk compared to this bombshell that Sassy Girl threw at me.

"Hey Mom. I know what French Kissing is." 

She leans back in her chair with a smirk on her face that is way beyond her years. 

I silently curse my decision to let my innocent 7 year old ride the bus. 

Not really wanting to hear her answer, I go ahead and ask her what she thinks it is. 

"It's touching tongues, Mom."

This is where I lock her in her room until she's 30, right?

I die a little inside. WHY are we having this discussion? You still sleep with stuffed animals and I read you bedtime stories.You have tantrums in the toy department every once in a while.  You pronounce spaghetti, "sketty". You dress in the same clothes as your American Girl doll. You believe in Santa Claus and Leprechauns...

Yet, you know about French Kissing?? 

I clear my throat and ask her where she heard this. She is reluctant to give up the name of her informant.  

Fine. 

We have the discussion about it being something that grown ups do if they are in love. 

If I'm this squirmish about discussing French Kissing with my daughter...good golly. I'm in for a bumpy ride when the teen years hit. 

I just don't want to see my kids grow up too fast. I blink and they are another year older. 

Luckily, Little Dude was in the kitchen impersonating a camel by spitting on the floor, so I think I have a little while before he is interested in these "beyond his age" topics. 

Sassy Girl seemed satisfied with the talk we had and scooped up her stuffed animal and I tucked her into bed. 

One day I might be the idiot that doesn't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING, in my kids' eyes. At least now I can make an impact from time to time...even if it makes me want to run away and pee my pants while in the process. 

I guess we will see how often this "French Kissing" topic gets slid into conversation now that Sassy Girl is in the elite grown up club of "in-the-know". 

Pray it doesn't come up on Thanksgiving with all of the extended family for me, will ya? 

"I am thankful for God, and my family, and French Kissing..." 







4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! They are growing up too fast! Its amazing what a few months can do! I am all for keeping her inside until she is 30! Even Caleb is growing up so quick but I can totally see him being a camel:) I am one proud Auntie of two amazing kiddos that's for sure! I hope they never are to old to run up for hugs and even if they think they are I won't let them get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you will have to worry Jaimie! Pretty sure you will ALWAYS be a COOL Auntie worthy of hugs...or at the very least high fives in front of the friends :)

      Delete
  2. I grounded my eldest when she french kissed a boy for the first time, she lied to me about it but it was more because I was in shock that my little girl was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even want to think about when BOYS are involved!! :)

      Delete